Problem when switch to JDM (2) hardware

You can either use the bug tracker or describe the anomaly here.

Problem when switch to JDM (2) hardware

Postby rsinisa » 31, 2012 Jul Tue 10:32 pm

I use one JDM based programmer and it works when I choose COM84, but when switch to JDM (2), interface test is on so all lines are marked for testing purpose so programmer can not work properly. After unmarking manualy all test lines, it can program PIC. So, I suppose it is a little bug than can be easily fixed.

Best regards.
Sinisha
rsinisa

Re: Problem when switch to JDM (2) hardware

Postby admin » 08, 2012 Aug Wed 11:02 pm

I can't reproduce this one. I succeed programming with JDM(2) interface and with Clock, Data and Vpp checked.
admin
Site Admin

Postby rsinisa » 09, 2012 Aug Thu 6:58 am

I forgot to say that I am using LINUX MINT 13 Xfce. I'll try this again today and I will do a snapshot. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I will post here whatever happens.

Best regards.
rsinisa

Postby admin » 09, 2012 Aug Thu 6:10 pm

I tried under Linux too (but CentOS 5.7).

The difference may come from the adapter. Though I will review the code to see if there could be any impact of these checkboxes during programming.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 14, 2012 Aug Tue 11:56 pm

After code analysis I can see no way the state of the check boxes could impact the programming sequence.
But as the JDM programmers are quite picky about the timing of Vpp Clock and Data sequence to establish and maintain their power supply, it may have been put in an bad state by checking the box. And probably the sequence used by JDM(2) does not allow to re-establish the right condition.

The strangest is that the COM84 interface works better with your JDM programmer than the JDM 2 interface. Normally with the COM84 sequence the JDM programmer is not able to get enough energy from the serial port pins to sustain a complete device programming.

To fix the issue I could add a reset of all pins before the programming sequence. But finally this would remove the capacity to use the check boxes to select pin status before programming. I prefer keeping this unchanged in case someone is using this borderline feature.
admin
Site Admin

Return to WxPic bug reporting